Technically Speaking, Inc
C-based Design: High-Level Synthesis with the Vivado/Vitis HLx Tool | Online - Vivado 2021.2)
The course provides a thorough introduction to the Vivado® High-Level Synthesis (HLS) tool. This course covers synthesis strategies, features, improving throughput, area, interface creation, latency, testbench coding, and coding tips. Utilize the Vivado HLS tool to optimize code for high-speed performance in an embedded environment and download for in-circuit validation.
- Introduction to High-Level Synthesis and the Vivado HLS Tool
- Using the Vivado HLS Tool
- Demo: Vivado HLS Tool Overview
- Lab 1: Introduction to the Vivado HLS Tool Flow
- Lab 2: Introduction to the Vivado Tool HLS CLI Flow
- I/O Interfaces
- Demo: AXI4-Stream Interfaces
- Lab 3: Interface Synthesis
- Pipelining for Performance
- Demo: Pipelining for Performance
- Lab 4: Improving Performance
- Optimizing Structures for Performance
- Demo: Handling Memories
- Lab 5: Implementing Arrays as RTL Interfaces
- Reducing Latency
- Improving Area
- Lab 6: Improving Area and Resource Utilization
- Introduction to the HLx Design Flow
- Demo: Using Vivado HLS IP with SysGen
- Lab 7: HLx Flow - System Generation
- HLS vs. SDSoC Development Environment Flow
- Demo: SDSoC Tool Overview
- Vivado HLS Tool: C Code
- Lab 1: Introduction to the Vivado HLS Tool Flow – Utilize the Vivado GUI to simulate and create a project. Perform RTL synthesis, verification, and exporting the C design as an IP.
- Lab 2: Introduction to the Vivado HLS Tool CLI Flow – Utilize a make file to perform C simulation. Create a project and perform C synthesis, RTL verification, and RTL packaging.
- Lab 3: Interface Synthesis – Analyze the default RTL interfaces and apply the INTERFACE directive to define the interface type.
- Lab 4: Improving Performance – Optimize loop performance and modify pipelining and its effect on performance. Apply the DATAFLOW directive to execute the pipeline task concurrently.
- Lab 5: Implementing Arrays as RTL Interfaces – Analyze the impact of manipulating arrays. Utilize directives to choose the type of memories to be implemented for the arrays.
- Lab 6: Improving Area and Resource Utilization – Observe the impact of various directives on resource utilization and performance.
- Lab 7: HLx Flow - System Integration – Set up an embedded design, create an HLS IP with the AXI Lite interface, import the IP into the embedded design, and validate the system on the demo board.
* This course focuses on the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC and 7 series FPGA architectures. Check with your local Authorized Training Provider for the specifics of the in-class lab board or other customizations.
After completing this comprehensive training, you will have the necessary skills to:
- Enhance productivity using the Vivado HLS tool
- Describe the high-level synthesis flow
- Use the Vivado HLS tool for a first project
- Identify the importance of the testbench
- Use directives to improve performance and area and select RTL interfaces
- Identify common coding pitfalls as well as methods for improving code for RTL/hardware
- Perform system-level integration of IP generated by the Vivado HLS tool
- Describe how to use OpenCV functions in the Vivado HLS tool