Technically Speaking, Inc
Designing an Integrated PCI Express System | Online & Onsite - San Diego CA
Please note: This course is scheduled to run with labs, demo-boards and lab assistance Onsite, with interactive instruction Online.
Attending this course will provide students a working knowledge of how to implement a Xilinx PCI Express® core in custom applications. This course offers students hands-on experience with implementing a Xilinx PCI Express system within the customer education reference design. With this experience, users can improve their time to market with the PCIe core design. Various Xilinx PCI Express core products will be enumerated to aid in selecting the proper solution. This course focuses on the AXI streaming interconnect.
- Course Introduction
- Lab 0: Packet Coding
- Xilinx PCI Express Solutions
- Connecting Logic to the Core – AXI Interface
- PCIe Core Customization
- Lab 1: Constructing the PCIe Core
- Packet Formatting Details
- Simulating a PCIe System Design
- Lab 2: Simulating the PCIe Core
- Endpoint Application Considerations
- PCI Express in Embedded Systems
- Lab 3: Using the PCI Express Core in IP Integrator
- Application Focus: DMA
- Design Implementation and PCIe Configuration
- Lab 4: Implementing the PCIe Design
- Root Port Applications
- Debugging and Compliance
- Lab 5: Debugging the PCIe Design
- Interrupts and Error Management
- Course Summary
- Lab 0: Packet Coding – This lab helps you recall basic PCI Express transaction layer packet formats.
- Lab 1: Constructing the PCIe Core – This lab familiarizes you with the necessary flow for generating a Xilinx Integrated PCI Express Endpoint core from the IP catalog. You will select appropriate parameters and create the PCIe core used throughout the labs.
- Lab 2: Simulating the PCIe Core – This lab demonstrates the timing and behavior of a typical link negotiation using the Vivado simulator. You will observe and capture transaction layer packets.
- Lab 3: Using the PCI Express Core in IP Integrator – This lab familiarizes you with all the necessary steps and recommended settings to use the PCIe solutions in an IP integrator block design.
- Lab 4: Implementing the PCIe Design – This lab familiarizes you with all the necessary steps and recommended settings to turn the HDL source to a bitstream by using the Tandem configuration mode.
- Lab 5: Debugging the PCIe Design – This lab illustrates how to use the Vivado logic analyzer to monitor the behavior of the core and a small endpoint application for proper operation.
* This course focuses on the UltraScale and 7 series architectures. Check with your local Authorized Training Provider for specifics or other customizations.
After completing this comprehensive training, you will have the necessary skills to:
- Construct a basic PCIe system by:
- Selecting the appropriate core for your application
- Specifying requirements of an endpoint application
- Connecting this endpoint with the core
- Utilizing FPGA resources to support the core
- Simulating the design
- Identify the advanced capabilities of the PCIe specification protocol and feature set