Technically Speaking, Inc
DSP Design Using System Generator
This course allows you to explore the System Generator tool and to gain the expertise you need to develop advanced, low-cost DSP designs. This intermediate course in implementing DSP functions focuses on learning how to use System Generator for DSP, design implementation tools, and hardware co-simulation verification. Through hands-on exercises, you will implement a design from algorithm concept to hardware verification using the Xilinx FPGA capabilities.
- Introduction to System Generator
- Simulink Software Basics
- Lab 1: Using the Simulink Software
- Basic Xilinx Design Capture
- Demo: System Generator Gateway Blocks
- Lab 2: Getting Started with Xilinx System Generator
- Signal Routing
- Lab 3: Signal Routing
- Implementing System Control
- Lab 4: Implementing System Control
- Multi-Rate Systems
- Lab 5: Designing a MAC-Based FIR
- Filter Design
- Lab 6: Designing a FIR Filter Using the FIR Compiler Block
- System Generator, Vivado Design Suite, and Vivado HLS Integration ▪ Lab 7: System Generator and Vivado IDE Integration
- Kintex-7 FPGA DSP Platforms
- Lab 8: System Generator and Vivado HLS Tool Integration
- Lab 9:
- AXI4-Lite Interface Synthesis
- Lab 1: Using the Simulink Software – Learn how to use the toolbox blocks in the Simulink software and design a system. Understand the effect sampling rate.
- Lab 2: Getting Started with Xilinx System Generator – Illustrates a DSP48-based design. Perform hardware co-simulation verification targeting a Xilinx evaluation board.
- Lab 3: Signal Routing – Design padding and unpadding logic by using signal routing blocks.
- Lab 4: Implementing System Control – Design an address generator circuit by using blocks and Mcode.
- Lab 5: Designing a MAC-Based FIR – Using a bottom-up approach, design a MAC-based bandpass FIR filter and verify through hardware co-simulation by using a Xilinx evaluation board.
- Lab 6: Designing a FIR Filter Using the FIR Compiler Block – Design a bandpass FIR filter by using the FIR Compiler block to demonstrate increased productivity. Verify the design through hardware co-simulation by using a Xilinx evaluation board.
- Lab 7: System Generator and Vivado IDE Integration – Embed System Generator models into the Vivado IDE.
- Lab 8: System Generator and Vivado HLS Tool Integration – Generate IP from a C-based design to use with System Generator.
- Lab 9: AXI4-Lite Interface Synthesis – Package a System Generator for DSP design with an AXI4-Lite interface and integrate this packaged IP into a Zynq All Programmable SoC processor system.
* This course focuses on the 7 series architectures. Check with your local Authorized Training Provider for the specifics of the in-class lab board or other customizations. The ZC702 or ZedBoard is required for the "AXI4-Lite Interface Synthesis" lab.
After completing this comprehensive training, you will have the necessary skills to:
- Describe the System Generator design flow for implementing functions
Identify Xilinx FPGA capabilities and how to implement a design from algorithm concept to hardware simulation
List various low-level and high-level functional blocks available in System Generator
Run hardware co-simulation
Identify the high-level blocks available for FIR and FFT designs
Implement multi-rate systems in System Generator
Integrate System Generator models into the Vivado IDE
Design a processor-controllable interface using System Generator for DSP
Generate IPs from C-based design sources for use in the System Generator environment